You and your families remain our primary concern, so rest assured that we’re following the latest Government guidance.
What you need to know
In order to help keep you, our staff and local communities safe, we’re limiting the number of people who can visit on any one day and have introduced a booking system to manage that.
Everyone MUST book their visit in advance, including our Members. If you are a Member, please click here to book.
Please read through this page to understand everything you need to know about what to expect from your visit and how to book.
- What can I expect on my visit?
- How do I book?
- What can I do to help?
From the experience of the last year, we know that the situation changes frequently. We do our best to keep the information here on our website completely up to date, but sometimes that’s not 100% possible. You may find that on the day you visit we’ve had to close something, or we’ve been able to open up something that was previously restricted. We hope that doesn’t affect your enjoyment of your day.
So take your time and enjoy your family fun in the fresh air.
What can I expect on my visit?
We’ve had to rearrange a few things to keep everyone safe and pre-booking is now essential.
- New hand washing facilities have been installed for your convenience.
- A queuing system will be in operation into the main building. You’ll be asked to keep two metres apart from the people in front.
- Hand sanitising facilities will be available.
- Printed tickets will be shown at the admissions desk – scanning of tickets on phones can also take place.
- The toilets are open inside as well as the park toilets which are at the rear of the main building.
- Some play areas are closed for the moment.
- Where possible, we’ve removed or opened gates to reduce contact points.
- We’ve implemented a strict cleaning regime for our play areas and toilets. We have plenty of hand sanitiser stations available around the site with hand washing facilities at the animal handling shed.
- Our tearoom is now fully open for sitting in as well as take-away food.
How do I book?
We’re carefully managing the total number of people who visit on any one day to help keep everyone safe.
Everyone, whether you’re a member or not, you must book in advance for the day you wish to visit. Please click here to book.
If you’re a member you can still visit for free, but we need you to book in advance so we can manage numbers. Please ensure you bring your membership card and your booking confirmation with you to gain entry.
You can book your ticket online as usual but be aware that it is only valid for the day you choose.
What can I do to help?
Our staff will be on hand, but we can all do our bit to help keep everyone safe. We’ve added some specific measures to help during coronavirus.
Additional measures during coronavirus
- Do not visit if any member of your household has symptoms of Coronavirus.
- Follow Government guidance on vulnerable groups.
- Keep two metres between you and other visitors.
- Follow any one-way systems and queuing procedures.
- Don’t loiter in the buildings. Move through without delay.
- In case of rain check before entering any undercover areas and do not exceed maximum numbers.
- Give way to people exiting.
- Wash your hands regularly. We have toilets and hand sanitiser points throughout the Park.
Our code of conduct
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- Follow instructions given by staff.
- Supervise children and vulnerable adults in your care.
- Don’t drop litter. Use the bins provided.
- Consider others and respect wildlife when taking photos.
- Follow advice and instructions on signs.
- Don’t go beyond any enclosure barriers, or into areas marked ‘closed’ or ‘staff only’